Are you looking for a role with purpose in remote NT, and have 3+ years of coaching experience? The JMF Head Coach & Mentor position to commence immediately.
Reports to: JMF Coordinator
Location: Tennant Creek, NT 0860
Role Overview & Project Summary
John Moriarty Football (JMF) is seeking a Head Football Coach & Mentor for our established program located in the remote community of Tennant Creek, NT.
This is a pivotal role in our expanding operations. We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation that has more than thirty years’ experience in remote Aboriginal Australia. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting-edge professional opportunity that is responsible for football curriculum delivery and mentoring local Indigenous staff in best practice.
Day to day logistics will require liaising with local key stakeholders at schools, community and sports organisations within Tennant Creek, and the surrounding areas.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. JMF has a 50/50 gender balance policy.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum AFC/FFA ‘C’ License or equivalent & 3+ years coaching experience.
- A passion for teaching/developing youth.
- A passion for working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and commitment to helping create positive change amongst children in Indigenous communities.
- Current Australian driver’s license with the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
- Working with Children’s check (WWCC) and National Police Check.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- First Aid Qualified.
- Australian citizen, permanent resident, or resident with full work rights preferred.
The Head Coach & Mentor is responsible for fulfilling the following key areas:
- Drive the local recruitment of staff following the recruitment process and procedures, with support from the Head Office, and in liaison with the Program Coordinator agree on final recruitment decisions.
- Responsible for the scheduling of the team to ensure adequate staff are available for each session, in-line with their employment contract (ie Casual, Part-Time and Full-Time), using Skedulo platform.
- Notify and respond on matters of staff and participants welfare, codes of conduct and behaviour.
- Manage staff leave requests in-line with program requirements via Xero Platform.
- Train the local team on how to use program software, Apps and systems implemented by Head Office.
- Liaise with local schools to offer work experience placements, including monitoring the progress of the placement and providing feedback to the Work Experience Coordinator.
Coaching & JMF Program delivery
- Coordinate and deliver the JMF Curriculum in Schools and in collaboration with other community and sports organisations.
- Adapt curriculum to suit players needs to ensure best practice learning environment.
- Mentor JMF players through the JMF Core Values of Resilience, Leadership, Respect and teamwork.
- Deliver and promote a clear player development pathway, utilising player reports each school term.
- Be a role model for staff and players in relation to behaviour, attendance, punctuality, personal organisation and management.
Nutrition & Wellbeing Program
- Deliver on the Moriarty Foundation’s Nutrition program, including the provision of fresh cut fruit/vegetables at each session and hot nutritious meals at after-school and holiday clinics.
- Deliver the wellbeing program including mindfulness activities such as regulated breathing exercises and clench and release techniques.
- Responsible to train the team to deliver health & wellbeing key messages to the participants.
- Identify training and development needs for all JMF coaching staff. This will be achieved via coaching assessments, appraisal systems and day-to-day observation and with Head Office support.
- Design individual training plans and monitor their progress, in conjunction with Head Office.
- Ensure input of local staff into program and delivery decisions, to develop ownership and accountability.
- Act as the significant contact for all matters regarding JMF staff welfare and issues.
- Community Organisations: develop relationships with local and regional community supports and services, including local football clubs & health organisations.
- Family Engagement: Enhance family engagement and overall awareness of the program in the community through participation in community events.
- JMF Staff & Participants: Promote and ensure the best interests of the Program’s staff and participants.
- Community Advisory Group (CAG): Maintain continued dialogue with JMF community advisory members, to ensure feedback on community matters and JMF program development.
- Ensure accurate records are obtained in relation to the day-to-day delivery including participation, enrolment forms, incident reports and staff timesheets.
- Monitor and report on budget spending in accordance with Head Office guidelines.
The successful applicant
This challenging and exciting position is integral to JMF’s continued operation in NT, NSW and QLD. You are a skilled manager, highly organised and process driven. An effective communicator who excels at creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and have the ability to be agile. You are a people person, with great enthusiasm for the power of sport to change lives, and see the potential for Aboriginal talent to change the game in Australia.
Accommodation is provided by the Moriarty Foundation for the Head Coach & Mentor position, coupled with a competitive salary package. Contract duration to be discussed with candidates, this can be negotiated dependent upon candidate availability and program requirements.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter (max two pages) below.
For further information please contact: Sarah Feltham – Head of Operations & HR – 0404 286 990 / Email: [email protected]