A big thank you to Socceroos Head Coach Graham Arnold, Matildas Assistant Coach Mel Andreatta and Pararoos Captain Ben Roche, who we invited to visit our JMF communities in Central Australia in early December.
The six day trip included:
- A coaching clinic in Alice Springs in collaboration with JMF, Football NT, Northern Territory Institute of Sport, Football in Central Australia and the FFA National Coaching Team.
- A visit to the Alice Springs Correctional Centre for a 6v6 game and presentation of a signed Socceroos jersey.
- A visit to remote Ti-Tree School with Socceroos Head Coach Graham Arnold, Matildas Assistant Coach Mel Andreatta and Pararoos Captain Ben Roche to oversee the delivery of a JMF school session where the coaches presented the school with a signed Socceroos jersey.
- Visits to Tennant Creek Primary and High Schools with Graham, Mel and Ben to oversee the delivery of JMF school sessions and present a signed Socceroos jersey.
- A visit to remote Alekerenge with Graham, Mel and Ben to oversee a JMF session and present a signed Socceroos jersey.
Mel commented, ” It was inspiring to see the commitment of the teachers in those areas and the coaching staff at JMF who bring football to these really remote areas that have very little. We saw what sport and our game in particular can do for remote and Indigenous Australians and the happiness, excitement, energy and joy that it brings.”