Are you looking for a role with a purpose? John Moriarty Football (JMF) is seeking a Head Coach & Mentor for our established program located in the regional community of Tennant Creek, NT.
We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting-edge professional opportunity that is responsible for football curriculum delivery and mentoring local Indigenous staff.
Day to day logistics will require liaising with local key stakeholders at schools, community, and sports organisations within Booroloola, our satellite communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. JMF has a
50/50 gender balance policy.
Qualifications & Experience
- A passion for teaching/developing youth, and working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teams to help create positive change amongst children in Indigenous communities.
- AFC/FFA ‘C’ License or equivalent & 3+ years coaching experience.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Working with Children’s check (WWCC) and National Police Check.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- First Aid qualified.
- Australian citizen, permanent resident, or resident with full work rights preferred.
- Coordinate and deliver the JMF Curriculum in Schools and in collaboration with other community and sports organisations.
- Adapt curriculum to suit players needs to ensure best practice learning environment.
- Mentor JMF players through the JMF Core Values of Resilience, Leadership, Respect, and teamwork.
- Deliver and promote a clear player development pathway, utilising player reports each school term.
- Drive the local recruitment of staff with support from the Head Office, and in liaison with the Program Director.
- Scheduling of the team to ensure adequate staff are available for each session using the Skedulo platform.
- Notify and respond on matters of staff and participants’ welfare, codes of conduct, and behaviour.
- Be a role model for staff and players in relation to behaviour, attendance, punctuality, personal organisation, and management.
- Key pillars of delivery are Coach Development, Stakeholder Relationships, Reporting, and our Nutrition and Wellbeing Program.
The successful applicant
This exciting position is integral to JMF’s continued operations in Booroloola. You are a skilled Coach & Mentor who wants to build capacity in your team, is organised and process driven. An effective communicator who excels at creating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and have the ability to be agile. You are a people person, with great enthusiasm for the power of sport to change lives, and see the potential for Aboriginal talent to change the game in Australia.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter (max two pages) below.
For further information please contact: [email protected]